Your Success Is Our Vision
Vision Personnel is working with an existing client in search of a BESS Electrical Engineer.
Our client is is an international group of companies which designs, manufactures, and constructs the full range of solar photovoltaic solutions, along with Energy Storage Systems.
· Enthusiasm towards decarbonisation and renewable energy
· HNC/HND or equivalent minimum; BSc, BEng or equivalent desired
· Experience within energy storage either in consultancy, DNO, ICP, renewable energy developer, or alternatively another engineering environment mandatory.
· Knowledge and understanding of international and UK electrical standards
· Good knowledge of electrical design software (eplan or similar)
· Good knowledge of AutoCAD (desirable)
· Working towards Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng) (desirable)
· Knowledge of earthing design (desirable)
· Experience of G99 applications (desirable)
· Knowledge of simulation software including PVSyst (desirable)
· Experience in Solar PV Design (desirable)
· Familiarity with the interactions between developer, EPC and TA in utility-scale PV project development
· Knowledge of PV industry a strong plus.
· Ideally experienced in working across multiple jurisdictions and time zones including some travel
· Knowledge of main players in the industry (Battery OEMs, TA’s, Investors, EPC, third-party labs etc)
· Innovative spirit
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and problem solving
· Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders across different levels in and out of the organization
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Structured and well-organized method of work
· Clean Driving license
Candidates should be eligible to work in the UK without requiring a visa.
· General electrical design activities for the DC and AC installation of energy storage projects.
· Produce ubstation layouts, SLD preparation, wiring schematics, cable sizing calculations, earthing layouts, protection scheme development, cable containment solutions, etc.
· Ensure engineering designs are completed to planned timescales.
· Reading design specifications and technical drawings to inform design.
· Evaluating technical specifications in the tender documentation packages and reviewing risks and implications of the requirements.
· Providing engineering and technical expertise and guidance in identifying, analysing and resolving project challenges.
· Attend project progress meetings with engineering management.
· Manage relationships and work with Technical Advisor on development sites but also ad hoc requirements.
· Support of sales and purchasing with technical descriptions and datasheet validation, generation of BOM
· Support of the construction department in the implementation, in the project realization phase
· Close exchange with colleagues in layout design, purchasing, project development, project management and the subsidiaries.
· Preparation of as-built calculations and drawings package
· Technical documentation after completion of a project
· Interact with the Sales team and the rest of the engineering disciplines to integrate specifications into the design concept
· Support the company’s goals and represent the company positively and professionally.
· Adhere to all Company policies/procedures and business ethics codes including the anti-bribery policy and QHSE policy.
· Salary from £50 – 60k DOE.
· Bonus 12.5% KPI driven
· Pension ER’s contributions up to 6% – following a successful 3-month probation period
· Full health cover
· 4x Life cover – following a successful 3-month probation period
· 33 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
· IT equipment (mobile, laptop…)
If you feel you are the perfect fit for this role, contact Luca on 07471 216965 or 01277 811906
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £50,000.00-£60,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Yearly bonus
- Electrical Engineering: 3 years (required)
Work Location: Remote
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com